Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Steve Wolframs Mathmatica's site Demonstrations


So I've been meaning to share this site for some time, and I know how lame it is to read those words on a blog but let me undigress, and continue. Here is what may possibly be one of the most valuable things you can find online. Which is the Steve Wolframs Mathmatica site. It is one of the greatest tools for the exploration and visualisation and of course demonstration, of mathematical models and I am frankly embarrassed with how much I rely upon it. I am embarrassed with the fact that I still haven't paid for the full version, because the part that I use is the entirely free Demonstration modules. Of which there are thousands, and each one can provide you with a different way of looking at and ultimately seeing the underlying structures that exist everywhere. I highly recommend checking out his work. He wrote an amazing book called A New Kind Of Science which changed my entire perspective on math itself and which I consider to be my bible.

1 comment:

  1. and all this time ive been using wolfram-alpha, i didnt even stop to consider all of the other related sites! rad. downloading the mathematica player now!!! thanks, james.

    ReplyDelete

Whats It To You?